Free Spirits Pack
Hello, visitor! In order to use all of this forum's features, please register or log-in. **You must be a current Free Spirits Pack member in order to register.**

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Spirits Pack
Hello, visitor! In order to use all of this forum's features, please register or log-in. **You must be a current Free Spirits Pack member in order to register.**
Free Spirits Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quote of the Week

2 posters

Go down

Quote of the Week Empty Quote of the Week

Post  Silvie Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:51 am

Quote of the Week

Welcome, Free Spirits! This, like the Stray Dog RP, is a unique idea of mine that I decided to share. But you already know that, though, don't you? Well then why are you still listening to me? Let's get on with it! xD

What This Is All About

The idea of Quote of the Week is very simple, as well as very similar to our other weekly contests. At the start of every week, I will place one of my unique, meaningful quotes on this first post, and the goal for each participant is to PM me what they think the quote means in plain English. Of course, I don't need it word-for-word to its exact meaning, but I want every detail covered; the participant with the closest explanation wins. Easy enough?

Rules

~Like other similar contests, do not post your entry here. That may well be giving the answer out! Instead, please PM me your thoughts. I trust you guys, but just getting this out here right now: posted answers will be deleted, and that participant will be blocked from winning that week.
~Again, I trust you guys, but be nice and respect the winner; don't get upset if you don't win. Of course, you might win someday. ^^
~...Again, I trust all of you, but remember that these quotes are copyright to BooboosPiggy/Silvie; each of them were thoughtfully written out by me and only me. Most of them are based upon loyalty, friendship, and emotion, some of my most treasured things, but remember that not all of them are.
~When you're sending me your entry, remember that your words will be quoted here if you're the winner. Also, the words you use could make the difference between winning or losing (as this is a quote description contest after all!), so choose wisely!
~Each weekly round starts on the first second of Monday and ends on the last second of Thursday. Friday is my day for choosing the winner, and the weekend is reserved for a little "time-out" period to let the contest take a break and shine a light on the winner, so please don't send in any entries after Thursday.

December 2010, 6-13's Quote

"Whenever I think of you I think of myself
And I always find myself turning to you
I think we're connected, friend,
'Cause when I turn around
I always see myself in the mirror"

Participants

Wyborn

Results

The winner is... No winner! This may be a bit of a surprise, but Wyborn was our only participant and we have no winner this time around.

The Quote in My Words: Sometimes a friend gets so close that you rub off on each other, your bond grows so strong that you become connected at the hip. Whenever you 'turn around', you realize with another pang how close your friend is to you, that they are simply a reflection of you.

But Wyborn put new meaning into it:
Line-by Line Dissection:
"Whenever I think of you I think of myself
When this person thinks of this other person she thinks of his/herself.
And I always find myself turning to you
This person always relies on this other person. Also, when this person turns around... (see
brown text)
I think we're connected, friend,
Connected, in the sense that this person and the other person are one being mentally and physically (proven below).
'Cause when I turn around I always see myself in the mirror"
(
She turns, in need of her friend and really she is turning to herself.) Physically, this person's 'friend' is in fact his/herself.

Prizes

Undecided.

I'll make this nicer later, I'm just trying to get this done for the week as it's already almost 5 in the morning (I know stayed up all night =0) and I need to get to sleep.

Last edited by Silvie on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Silvie
FSP Leader Committee Member

Back to top Go down

Quote of the Week Empty Re: Quote of the Week

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:17 pm

Umm, hope I am allowed to comment^^!
OK, I am sending in an entry! I am confident that I understand your quote Cool Silvie.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:55 pm

Ah yes, of course you're allowed to comment. 8) Though oddly it was more simple..hmm. Tomorrow's choosing day, though it won't be too hard with only one entry. xD

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Oh dear. Shall I give a friendly reminder on the WQ topic? I am sure you would get at least one last-minuite entry.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Go ahead, though it's already past the day. Look up there to find the results. ^^

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:28 am

Haha, just did! It's cool how your interpretation was different from mine, I was sure that what I thought it meant was what you also thought! This is a neat contest, as everyone interprets differently. Hmm, I am going to post on WQ and see why no one else participated in this round! I mean, they were posting elsewhere on the site... thye must have missed this one.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerberus Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:12 am

I think this is a great idea Silvie, sorry for the late post. I haven't viewed this section in weeks. =/
Anyways, I wouldn't mind participating... but I don't know what I'm suppose to do, exactly. Just PM you what I think the quote is right? ^^" I need details, I get confused easily so pardon any stupidity I show.
Cerberus
Cerberus
Impressionist

Location : An error has occured, a group of highly tarined monkeys have been sent to observe the situation.

http://dominoeagle.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down