Free Spirits Pack
Hello, visitor! In order to use all of this forum's features, please register or log-in. **You must be a current Free Spirits Pack member in order to register.**

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Spirits Pack
Hello, visitor! In order to use all of this forum's features, please register or log-in. **You must be a current Free Spirits Pack member in order to register.**
Free Spirits Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pack Roleplay Plot Suggestions

+3
Atropine
Darkfur
Koa
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pack Roleplay Plot Suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Pack Roleplay Plot Suggestions

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:09 am

Darkfur wrote:I like that idea with the team of 2. I think two wolves would be a good amount in each team ^^.
So for RP or in-game contests there is -
A race. (that could be plotted out if in game with the map of either Slough Creek or AM)
Elk Hunting competition.
Mabye a hunting competition (This would not be in teams) and whoever can kill the most, coyotes + hares + elk will could get a title like Hunter of the Month.
Yeah. It's cool, well, to be more private, we could make contests in AM, even in open game, we would have privacity to make 'em. I have been checking the MP in there, and the most part of time is empty ^^

Back to top Go down

Pack Roleplay Plot Suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Pack Roleplay Plot Suggestions

Post  Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:48 pm

Disaster idea: In Yellowstone there is a 'supervolcano' called The Yellowstone Caldera.

Quoted from Wikipedia on 'supervolcanoes'
A supervolcano is a volcano capable of producing a volcanic eruption with ejecta greater than 1,000 cubic kilometers (240 cubic miles). This is thousands of times larger than most historic volcanic eruptions.[1] Supervolcanoes can occur when magma in the Earth rises into the crust from a hotspot but is unable to break through the crust. Pressure builds in a large and growing magma pool until the crust is unable to contain the pressure. They can also form at convergent plate boundaries (for example, Toba) and continental hotspot locations (for example, Yellowstone).
Here is a picture of The Yellowstone Caldera

Or we could do somthing with geysers, not nessicarily involving Caldera:
The geothermal areas of Yellowstone include several geyser basins in Yellowstone National Park as well as other geothermal features such as hot springs, mud pots, and fumaroles. The number of thermal features in Yellowstone is estimated at 10,000[1] and 200 to 250 geysers erupt in Yellowstone each year, making it the place with the highest concentration of active geysers in the world.[2]

Pretty cool information.
Maybe a plotline could be this: The entire population of Yellowstone wolves flee from a major/minor volcanic eruption in Hayden Vally (Yellowstone Caldera area). As several wolf packs from across the Caldera set out for new grounds (as most of Hayden Valley is now covered in soot and the air is chocked with poisonous gasses like sulfur and methane), several pack members could become separated from thier birthpacks/current families in the dangerous journey for thier survival. That could be were The Free Spirits meet and form the new pack!

And we could keep the threat of the Caldera alive by saying the explosion that caused everyone to move was only a 'leak' of the potential dangers to come. Competition from other wolf packs for the safest and most bountiful territories could be a constant struggle as Yellowstone is dotted with many dangerous geysers and volcanically active hotspots. A wolf getting burnt in a geyser could be an everyday threat, as well as the rutial of travelling away from frequent geologic disasters.

I think a territory with the constant threat of danger (sulfur gas poisioning, scalding or burns, earthquakes and eruptions) and pressure (rival packs competing for safe lands with the least amount of volcanic activity) would make for an interesting 'survival of the fittest' RP. Will the newly formed Free Spirits be able to set thier differences aside and survive in a rapidly changing envionment?

Back to top Go down

Post  Drystan Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:03 pm

That is an awesome suggestion Wyborn! It seems very creative and it would go along nicely with the Natural Disaster theme.
For both a geyser and a supervolcano would be very devastating and both would be rather interesting to see appear in the Rp.
I believe I would actually really enjoy being apart of this Rp and plus it would make an awesome entry for the comic book idea Derek had came up with.
Drystan
Drystan
Inspired
Inspired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Glad you like it Drystan! I wonder what others will think of it as well. Even if it dosent become our Wolf RP i could make a Random RP out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:06 pm

I agree, great idea Wyborn! I love the sound of that, it would make the RP more exciting, bringing in more pack members a day that's for sure. ^^ Lately I've been craving a day-full of rich, adventurous roleplay, and that would certainly satisfy such a craving. xD

Silvie
FSP Leader Committee Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:19 am

Do you guys think I am allowed to post the idea on our WQ topic so Koa sees it? Or should I keep it here and wait for more replies? Probably the latter. It will also keep non-members from stealing our RPideas too, just realized that.

Anyway, I definitely agree with you there Silvie! A good, action-packed RP would really hit the spot sometime! In fact, I am heading to Stray Dog RP now ^^!

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfur Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:56 am

Wyborn wrote:Disaster idea: In Yellowstone there is a 'supervolcano' called The Yellowstone Caldera.

Quoted from Wikipedia on 'supervolcanoes'
A supervolcano is a volcano capable of producing a volcanic eruption with ejecta greater than 1,000 cubic kilometers (240 cubic miles). This is thousands of times larger than most historic volcanic eruptions.[1] Supervolcanoes can occur when magma in the Earth rises into the crust from a hotspot but is unable to break through the crust. Pressure builds in a large and growing magma pool until the crust is unable to contain the pressure. They can also form at convergent plate boundaries (for example, Toba) and continental hotspot locations (for example, Yellowstone).
Here is a picture of The Yellowstone Caldera

Or we could do somthing with geysers, not nessicarily involving Caldera:
The geothermal areas of Yellowstone include several geyser basins in Yellowstone National Park as well as other geothermal features such as hot springs, mud pots, and fumaroles. The number of thermal features in Yellowstone is estimated at 10,000[1] and 200 to 250 geysers erupt in Yellowstone each year, making it the place with the highest concentration of active geysers in the world.[2]

Pretty cool information.
Maybe a plotline could be this: The entire population of Yellowstone wolves flee from a major/minor volcanic eruption in Hayden Vally (Yellowstone Caldera area). As several wolf packs from across the Caldera set out for new grounds (as most of Hayden Valley is now covered in soot and the air is chocked with poisonous gasses like sulfur and methane), several pack members could become separated from thier birthpacks/current families in the dangerous journey for thier survival. That could be were The Free Spirits meet and form the new pack!

And we could keep the threat of the Caldera alive by saying the explosion that caused everyone to move was only a 'leak' of the potential dangers to come. Competition from other wolf packs for the safest and most bountiful territories could be a constant struggle as Yellowstone is dotted with many dangerous geysers and volcanically active hotspots. A wolf getting burnt in a geyser could be an everyday threat, as well as the rutial of travelling away from frequent geologic disasters.

I think a territory with the constant threat of danger (sulfur gas poisioning, scalding or burns, earthquakes and eruptions) and pressure (rival packs competing for safe lands with the least amount of volcanic activity) would make for an interesting 'survival of the fittest' RP. Will the newly formed Free Spirits be able to set thier differences aside and survive in a rapidly changing envionment?

A very detailed well thought out idea Wyborn! I like your idea a lot, mainly because you have sources of natural mega disasters that have/could happen. It sounds great and would add drama and excitement to the RP. This would be a great chance for advanced and beginner rpers to really bend their skills to the limit in the unusual environment :3. I personally like the geysers idea as it could almost appear as a 'minefield' though a combination of both would be fantastic :D
Darkfur
Darkfur

http://winterwolf2.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:05 am

I agree with you Darkfur that both geysers and other volcanic activities together would be very fun; imaging having a hunt were someone randomly gets blasted by a stray geyser? Or part of the earth suddenly cracks open and lava spews out? There are a lot of possibilities with it; that's why I chose to post this idea! Have any ideas to build onto it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfur Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:16 am

Indeed it would be very interesting. Perhaps it could be a very hazardous area the pack lives at (Natural disaster wise.) They could possibly suffer from frequent minor/major earthquakes. Which could make minor/major cracks in the ground leading to lava/geysers erupting ^^.
Darkfur
Darkfur

Back to top Go down

Post  Atropine Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:48 pm

Wow, that idea is really detailed and exciting, Wyborn! :D I think it would definitely bring an element of excitement and tension to RP, plus it's an idea which I have never heard before. The idea of geysers being a constant threat to the pack and hindering their movement is an awesome suggestion, so that could result in us having to move territories.
Atropine
Atropine
Impressionist

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:40 am

Glad you guys are interested in this idea; I might start designing a first post for this RP soon and then PM it to Koa for approval. She said on WQ as long as she approves the idea we can RP it, so if you guys have any more suggestions towards this I will consider (and credit) them accordingly^^!

I won't finalize anything yet. We might have to extend the plotline a bit more so we have a good direction with it.

Back to top Go down

Pack Roleplay Plot Suggestions - Page 2 Empty Great idea!

Post  Silvie Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:39 am

Wyborn wrote:Glad you guys are interested in this idea; I might start designing a first post for this RP soon and then PM it to Koa for approval. She said on WQ as long as she approves the idea we can RP it, so if you guys have any more suggestions towards this I will consider (and credit) them accordingly^^!

I won't finalize anything yet. We might have to extend the plotline a bit more so we have a good direction with it.

Ah, well I wish you good luck on creating the RP then, I am sure you will do amazingly (and that I'm also certain Koa will approve it, you'll do well enough ^^)!
And yes, I might say that I have an idea or two. First of all, most of the time adult wolves do not have to find shelter as they are well-adapted already, however with so many possibilities and risks in such a territory would prove survival in the open to be pretty low. Therefore the pack must regularly and constantly try to search not only for food, but also for shelter such as a high cave to protect them from geysers and possible eruptions.
Also, finding and establishing the safest territory in such a new habitat would be difficult, since (as mentioned) other packs are attempting to do the same in the harsh new world. And finding food would be equally difficult as both prey and predator are in the same race to survive. Imagine long periods of famine because the prey had all left to calmer areas; just imagine bears, cougars, and other possible wolf-endangering animals attempting to escape, perhaps ruining the pack's plans or even seriously injuring a pack member during travel and/or hunting as they run! It would really make things high-paced and exciting; maybe we should set up regular roleplay meetings to keep it as fast-paced as possible?

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Pending plot idea (Yellowstone Caldera) approved~
Koa
Koa
Pack Creator/Founder
Pack Creator/Founder

https://freespiritspack.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Pending plot idea (Yellowstone Caldera) approved~
Koa
Koa
Pack Creator/Founder
Pack Creator/Founder

https://freespiritspack.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Cool! I - and many other Free Spirits, I'm sure - will be eagerly and patiently awaiting the start of the RP! =D

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:09 pm

Koa wrote:Pending plot idea (Yellowstone Caldera) approved~

Thank you Koa! I will try to have it -and my wolf bio- up by Friday evening!

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:24 am

Hurray, it's tonight! I'm sure you've been doing a pawsome job on it; expect a flood of packmates to join in with the new RP tonight! =)

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Silvie wrote:Hurray, it's tonight! I'm sure you've been doing a pawsome job on it; expect a flood of packmates to join in with the new RP tonight! =)

Yep, you bet! I will be up late typing this one, thats for sure. I have the layout done on paper, now to type it out!

EDIT: I fear that the Stray Dog RP will run dry if we don't have a plot plan of some sort. What do you think Silvie? I understand we are still very early into that RP and so much could happen. Am I just being a worrywart Razz ? I am trying to think of somthing for the Wolf RP as well but we are too new into that one.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:05 am

Hmm..I agree with you there Wyborn, things could happen to that RP if we don't have a plot. Already Free Spirits are less active in it.

Hrm, with the way it's going right now, Lydda, Rusty, and Lev could form a pack together, though at the same time Cobalt may be excluded and/or scorned and/or feared by Lydda because she is unfamiliar with him; since he didn't greet her she feels as though he might be an unfriendly fellow. A good plot may be that Cobalt and Lydda go together without understanding one another and eventually wind up arguing and maybe one day finally grasping the truth. Meanwhile, around them, the other dogs in the newly formed pack travel around Serenity Village and struggle to survive as they revolve around life and near-mishaps with other strays and perhaps humans, attempting to form positive relationships between themselves whether they succeed or not.

Maybe?

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:31 am

Yea, you got good stuff there Silvie. Perhaps incorperating humans is a good idea. Haha, ganging up against Cobalt (sorry Annie!) would be a fun RP twist too.

As for Lydda and Cobalt getting together, what is the truth they are going to grasp if that happens and they argue? I missed somthing there.

Maybe, if Addy joins she could invent a really agressive/evil-minded dog that wants to take over the pack of Serenity Village? Or someone else could just RP as him as well with a different text color.

Oh, this just popped into my head. We could add a bit of fantasy to it and say one dog finds some dangerous substance/a mad scientist in the village that changes the dogs genetics so that every night the dogs turn into wolves or somthing crazy like that. But that could make things really complicated too... not sure about that one. We could just keep it so that each wolf form of the dog is the same fur color and such, same personality too.

Is that too out there?

Back to top Go down

Post  Addyote Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:51 am

Wyborn wrote:Yea, you got good stuff there Silvie. Perhaps incorperating humans is a good idea. Haha, ganging up against Cobalt (sorry Annie!) would be a fun RP twist too.

As for Lydda and Cobalt getting together, what is the truth they are going to grasp if that happens and they argue? I missed somthing there.

Maybe, if Addy joins she could invent a really agressive/evil-minded dog that wants to take over the pack of Serenity Village? Or someone else could just RP as him as well with a different text color.

Oh, this just popped into my head. We could add a bit of fantasy to it and say one dog finds some dangerous substance/a mad scientist in the village that changes the dogs genetics so that every night the dogs turn into wolves or somthing crazy like that. But that could make things really complicated too... not sure about that one. We could just keep it so that each wolf form of the dog is the same fur color and such, same personality too.

Is that too out there?

I'd be willing to RP as an ebil wolf. That would be interesting and fun, especially if I have my own whole pack of ebil wolves :3.

Hm... Maybe we could have a meteor or shooting star shower thing, and everyone goes to check it out and they all get mutated to be able to change into 1 other different animal, or they just have random mutations? Like wings, really sharp, long fangs (like saber tooth tigers), etc. etc.
Addyote
Addyote
Sketcher
Sketcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:13 am

Yeah those are pretty good ideas, as not everything has to be realistic. ^^ And what I think you didn't miss, Wyborn, is the fact that Lydda thinks Cobalt is unfriendly because he didn't greet her, but he really doesn't 'dislike' her, and maybe one day they'll both understand their..misunderstandings. ;D

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Oooh I see it now, thanks Silvie! Yeah, it would be neat of each dog grew a different mutation or somthing!

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:36 am

Yeah, that would be cool. ^^ Glad you see it now Wyborn!

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfur Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:12 am

The whole mutated idea sounds great. :3
Perhaps it could screw with what colours and parts have been mutated of the creature you shapeshift into. Like a pink lion with only 3 legs o-o
[it would be even more epic if it could mess with genders so a female dog into a male rat would be really random but awesome. Think how surprised the dog would be ]
^ unless that is all a bit to details then okaie.
ZOMBIE DOGS.

The fact its a complex idea adds more depth into the roleplay and makes it by far much more interesting. Its not that its a difficult idea, its just a new idea :3.
Darkfur
Darkfur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next