Free Spirits Pack
Hello, visitor! In order to use all of this forum's features, please register or log-in. **You must be a current Free Spirits Pack member in order to register.**

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Free Spirits Pack
Hello, visitor! In order to use all of this forum's features, please register or log-in. **You must be a current Free Spirits Pack member in order to register.**
Free Spirits Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread

+2
Darkfur
Silvie
6 posters

Go down

Do you think the current roleplay design for this project should be simpler?

Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread Vote_lcap83%Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 5 ]
Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread Vote_lcap0%Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread Vote_lcap17%Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread Empty Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread

Post  Silvie Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:21 pm

Recently I've been thinking of spicing up our RP selection with an Elemental Wolf RP. Though much of the discussion on this can be found on the pack thread, this is where we'll be forming the RP and talking about it once it's up.

My original thoughts were of having anywhere from 3-10 different elements; elements could be shared, but a wolf can only have one element at a time. This goes with the original idea of having a type of 'elemental spirit' who lives in a very hard-to-reach place and possesses the power to change a wolf's element up to one time. Elements could come with certain personalities and could go with or against others; for example, if water and wind go together, they can create a rainstorm, but light can shine right through the storm.

I originally had the ideas of several different elements that were natural and common, but please accept this list of elements by Wyborn, who was much better in thinking them up (^^):

Fire
Water
Earth
Wind
Electricity
Light
Metal
Dark
Time (?)
Space

I am perfectly fine with the idea of time, just as long as everything can be kept fair and naturally enjoyable. Wyborn, to answer your question, I would be happy to let you work out the relationships between the elements; I am planning to do most of it, but still, please feel free to send me any ideas you might have and to correct anything I may leave out.
^-^

So please, questions, plots, and discussions welcome!

Edit:

We are still working this out. I have no intentions of leaping in and making big changes, but I want to keep going with what we are doing now: peacefully and understandably trying to make the best RP we can. If harsh decisions are made and the result doesn't work out, then I may end up dropping this idea.

Last edited by Silvie on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Silvie
FSP Leader Committee Member

Back to top Go down

Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread Empty Re: Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread

Post  Darkfur Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:15 am

[This post contains some questions in large paragraphs. I am to lazy to make them into a neat little list.]
I have intently read the minor discussion about this on the pack thread. I like elemental RP's and I have been in quite a few :3
Specifically water bothers me, as it has a gas and solid form - steam and ice. Which makes it more awkward. Perhaps adding the element ice so you can only use water or ice but not both?
Though it specifically says wolf RP I think it would be more interesting allowing more animals such as felines, some herbivores [I think an element such as earth would suit a herbivore such as a deer better than wolf personally]. As wolves are a very common thing to RP with having a more diverse array of animals could add to it :3 Though having felines and canines together is unrealistic considering the unrealistic idea of having powers kinda justifies it. Feel free to disagree/agree with this idea. I personally would prefer more animals, it could also assist with the 'elements matching personalities'.
Also, as the RP is elemental. Would that mean bright coloured wolves be allowed with unrealistic markings/eye colours? [I mean a wolf with glowing eyes + teeth would be mint but I dunno if that would be allowed :L]
If you say no to my more animals allowed idea. Will the wolves in the RP have the same rankings in the actual pack or will it be like loners can band up into smaller packs / gangs.
Will it be one character per user?
You could add the element fog/mist to the list it seems like an interesting one you could work with.
ALSOO,
I think that more than one person can be of the same element. Cause as more members join there will end up being not enough elements.

I dunno much about any plot ideas though xD.
I liek to get straight to it when giving input :3
Darkfur
Darkfur

http://winterwolf2.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread Empty Re: Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Aww, thanks Silvie Very Happy. I must admit I have a special fascination with the Elements ; I draw and write things about them and such so I would be happy to help where I can.

Browsing over your questions Darkfur I have some comments for them, and things to add if that’s OK. Yours too Silvie.

Perhaps we could assume that –if we do use other animals- they are more civilized than real ones and can act free of instinct. For example a Wind Cat would not stalk and attempt to kill a Metal Mouse (lol) on sight.
As for Steam and Ice, consider that a Water Creature can only make Ice when Wind is present: something has to cool the water: The air, or Wind. And Steam is hot water, meaning Fire and Water. This could also counter your Fog/Mist idea Darkfur. I don’t mean to kill your ideas, no: I like the idea of more animals. I just wanted to point out how steam and ice are created in nature.

And, going back on the fact that our characters could have the mental capacities of humans we could have some very interesting possibilities with multiple species: a band consisting of a horse, wolf and bird. Another of shark, skunk and bee. All getting along or hating each other’s guts regardless of specie, just based on personality and the animal’s element.

Thats interesting Silvie that the animal’s element can change by the power of one godlike character. May I also suggest (building off of Darkfur’s multicoloured animals) that all animals are white, gray or black solid base color with white, gray or black markings. Then, when the ‘elemental spirit’ changes the animals element the markings change to a color that reflects that element, while the base color of white, gray or black remains.

I also suggest eliminating the Time and Space elements from the list, only because outlining the complicated relationships between those two Elements and the others is very difficult as all other elements are controlled, created and directly altered by Time and Space. Metal eventually rusts over the years with Wind and Water, and Space is existence in itself. It’s really quite debatable, but I think it would be very difficult to “power down” Time and Space so that they are no less powerful then the other Elements. You could consider Time and Space to be the constants in the universe. Without them, the other Elements wouldn’t exist. In Greek Mythology there was Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Aether. Aether was basically Time and Space combined. We could name this ‘elemental spirit’ Aether and give him the power of Time and Space, so he can change the elements of our characters and give it a meaningful reason why he can.

Wow, long post is looooong! The Elements are a fun topic. I am currently starting on the relationships, I will PM them to you to see and edit as you please.

Back to top Go down

Post  Addyote Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:31 pm

I agree with Darkfur about having other animals that you can RP with, I think it would make it a lot more interesting and all if you can have another species; perhaps a feline, a giraffe, or just something as simple as a grasshopper^^ I also have a question. As this is not realistic, are unrealistic/unreal animals allowed such as dragons and centaurs, or past animals such as saber toothed tigers and woolly mammoths? Or perhaps a type of dinosaur such as a velociraptor?

And I also love Wyborn's idea of having the basic same colors with different markings for the animals; it would make them the same and yet different at the same time.

I've been trying to brainstorm more elements, but the other ones I could come up with was death, which would be kind of weird. (by death i didn't mean killing everyone else randomly, or bringing anyone truly back from the dead, but you're able to raise a dead.. something to do your bidding. That would be truly weird.)

Then I also thought of.. controlling visibility. That could also mean something like fog, or turning something invisible, but that could also be another something of steam so it overlaps the other as well.

Thinking back to Greek myths.. the only other thing I could think of was the power of creativity, which makes no sense unless it means taking things out of air or having superb problem solving skillz.

Meh, this post was probably pretty long so I'll just stop here with one more question.

If you got an element, would you be able to use all forms of that element? For example;

water -> Gas/stream -> Ice
Fire -> Lava -> Hardened rock (since it was made from lava after it hardened), etc. etc.

P.s. The only other thing i could think of was Seer, which really isn't an element. Maybe the element of dreams, where you are able to make someone's dreams happy, sad, scary, etc.? Or perhaps you can see into the future while you are sleeping? [although you don't know if you change something that you're going to do whether it will lead to what happens, or if the path you're already on will lead to what happens]
Addyote
Addyote
Sketcher
Sketcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Perhaps the only way an Element Animal can be able to use thier current Element in another 'form' as you put it Addy is to 'team up' with an animal of another element. That way RP keeps a group/teamwork feel to it, and every element will be included. The combinations are endless really. For example, a lot of Water and a little Fire could create hot water. More Fire than Water could create steam, and only a little Fire would be totally Quenched by Water. A little Electricity could travel through Metal as a conductor, but if the Electric current passes through Earth the current will die. This is the kind of Element relationships I am working on and plan to share with you Silvie.

And I see what you are trying to suggest Addy, Elements other than the "Physical Ones of Nature" as I call them. They might be a little harder to incorperate but I am sure we can work somthing out, all of us.

It's good that we can all combine ideas and things. It will definitely help eliminate problems further down the road.

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfur Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:43 am

Sounds epic guys I personally love your idea Wyborn of having greys/blacks and whites for normal and when using elements or in 'element mode' they go to a more fierce colour like fire would get vibrant reds, yellow etc :3.
Glad to see you agree with my species idea [It sparked off cause I had this real ossum tiger called Poseidon, I hasn't had the chance to RP with him yet :3]

Also water freezes at temperatures below 0 it doesn't exactly need wind, it won't really help it freeze quicker [well it might but i doubt it]. We have tones of ice on our pavements etc and the days have been incredibly calm wind wise, the fact you have to use combination of other creatures elements I find a very inconvenient idea. As water and fire are opposites they might not like each other that much. I think that if we could just use ice etc at will it would be much easier, though if one were to use ice on a sunny day it could conflict with the environment and melt quickly. You wouldn't need to wait to see if the air elemental would agree. Though I think the needing of more than one to exceed your powers ability is a great idea, thus I think that would justify though I am in 2 minds on ice power though.
Darkfur
Darkfur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:52 pm

I suppose 'Wind' makes the Ice thing kind of confusing. I thought Wind also refers the the air, but then again: what determines the temprature of the air? We could assume the amount of Fire present, but that is rather complicated. So perhaps including Ice as another element would be worthwhile. I would be OK with it, after reading Darkfur's valid points^^.

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfur Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Otanks :3
As concluded on our Iscribble Board which included - Koa, Dom, Addy [and silverhybrid but she ain't part of this pack sooo]
1- Well we all decided that space and time should be included, cause they are way to awesome to keep out of the RP. Though its really up to you guys as well that is what we thought. We also thought that snow and weather should be included.
2- We had like this epic maddness-fit thing. When we all started shouting in caps what we think we should do and came up with -
Koa having the snow element/ice element [cause liek Koa is the creator of the pack so it would only be fair if Koa got to has liek the element she wants -also cause she is ossum-.] Addy with weather [as she is awesome RPer and very mature ]. Dom with time [cause dom has an incredible character which would suit.] and I would have space [just cause Darkfur would suit it.]
I don't really mind if you say its unfair for us to choose, we just decided to put down what we thought would be good fun. There is still plenty of other awesome elements. This isn't the final decision cause we want to know your opinions about it as well :3

Last edited by Darkfur on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkfur
Darkfur

Back to top Go down

Post  Addyote Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:17 pm

I think it would be much easier to RolePlay and get the Role Play itself off of the ground if we just made everything simpler; just allow an element (or maybe even not an element, such as dreams) and let people RP with it. We don't need any of this "the amount of wind in the air changes if the person with the element water can make ice" and all that. Just let people RP and let "nature take its course" as one might say. If we need restrictions in the future, I'm sure we'll be able to think of some, but right now I think it should just be sweet and simple.
Addyote
Addyote
Sketcher
Sketcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerberus Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Also, what would be a good idea is to perhaps make atleast this roleplay past tense. I know I have, and I'm sure other people have, had a hard time roleplaying in roleplays because it is just to complicated to roleplay(which is a story that is played out with other people) with present tense. I, and through discussion Darkfur aswell, am use to story tense which is technically(usually) past tense.
Cerberus
Cerberus
Impressionist

Location : An error has occured, a group of highly tarined monkeys have been sent to observe the situation.

http://dominoeagle.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:49 pm

I am beginning to agree with the complicatedness of having greater/lesser consequences when dealing with two elements. I am fine with past tense as well, either don't bother me. Does that mean we are eliminating weak to/strong against altogether however?

Before ruling it out consider this chart thing I made. Between my last post here and this one, I made one using the following elements. *Note that all elements have to strong againsts and two weak againsts EXECPT FOR Aether and Death, who either have no weakness and are strong against Light and Dark or vice versa.

FIRE + metal and ice, - water and wind
WATER + light and fire, - electricity and ice
WIND + fire and electricity, - earth and dark
EARTH + electricity and wind, - metal and ice
METAL + ice and earth, - fire and electricity
ICE + earth and water, - fire and metal
ELECTRICITY + metal and water, - earth and wind
LIGHT + dark and aether, - water and death
DARK + wind and aether, - light and death
AETHER - light and dark
DEATH + light and dark

I was planning to make a fancy arrow diagram with colors and such but I want to see what others think of this first. I have that layout in a pencil sketch. We don't have to use it but it's an option.

If you don't know what Aether is, see one of my past posts. It's basically (in Greek mythology) Time and Space put together. My thoughts are that that Aether and Death are both 'special elements', as well as Light and Dark, in a sense. Death cannot be beaten (no -'s) seeing as all life shall die eventually, but it can only truly harm light and dark animals. Aether is not paticulary strong against any two elements (no +'s) but Light and Dark have a special power over it. Just look at the chart of your confused Razz . This could help develop a plotline.

But I will hold my final opinion until Silvie has had her say too. People are really enthusiastic about this whiole thing, which is great; but I am worried too free a plotline will make things become dull.

Back to top Go down

Elemental Wolf RP Discussion Thread Empty A Long Rant!!

Post  Silvie Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:15 pm

..Wow. I agree that it's wonderful all of you have joined in on this, I appreciate all of your help and together we can make this become great. ^^

Ah, okay... Prepare for a looooooooong post..

Specifically water bothers me, as it has a gas and solid form - steam and ice. Which makes it more awkward. Perhaps adding the element ice so you can only use water or ice but not both?

Well technically since ice comes from water, it would be rather odd, but as you said it could be rather awkward. But then again, water must have the help of other elements to create this, so I'm not really sure yet.

Though it specifically says wolf RP I think it would be more interesting allowing more animals such as felines, some herbivores [I think an element such as earth would suit a herbivore such as a deer better than wolf personally]. As wolves are a very common thing to RP with having a more diverse array of animals could add to it :3 Though having felines and canines together is unrealistic considering the unrealistic idea of having powers kinda justifies it. Feel free to disagree/agree with this idea. I personally would prefer more animals, it could also assist with the 'elements matching personalities'.

I like that idea. Though it could cause some confusion and trouble, it would help even things out a bit and spice the bland parts up, so I don't really see why not.

Also, as the RP is elemental. Would that mean bright coloured wolves be allowed with unrealistic markings/eye colours? [I mean a wolf with glowing eyes + teeth would be mint but I dunno if that would be allowed :L]

I would be perfectly fine with unrealistic markings/eye colors; after all, elemental animals isn't the most realistic. ^^ How about this: characters can have up to two main coat colors as well as one shading 'gradient' color, and can have certain markings representing their element all over their bodies, but they are dark. When they are using their power, their markings and eyes glow in the element's color very brightly. That brings me around to another possible idea; what if each element had its own unique symbol in addition to a color?

If you say no to my more animals allowed idea. Will the wolves in the RP have the same rankings in the actual pack or will it be like loners can band up into smaller packs / gangs.

I actually had several ideas relating this. You can see what I mean at the bottom of this post.

Will it be one character per user?

Well, thinking quickly, I would say no. But I now realize that if elements must team up with other elements to perform certain actions, this could lead to disaster considering the fact that characters could diliberately be put together to create unfair situtations. So, unfortunately, I'm going to have to say yes for now.

You could add the element fog/mist to the list it seems like an interesting one you could work with.

Another very interesting idea. It could be used mainly to interfere with vision and induce confusion (light could burn through the fog), but it wouldn't really serve a purpose other than that. Wyborn?

I think that more than one person can be of the same element. Cause as more members join there will end up being not enough elements.

I never said anything about elements being exclusive. ^^

Perhaps we could assume that –if we do use other animals- they are more civilized than real ones and can act free of instinct. For example a Wind Cat would not stalk and attempt to kill a Metal Mouse (lol) on sight.
As for Steam and Ice, consider that a Water Creature can only make Ice when Wind is present: something has to cool the water: The air, or Wind. And Steam is hot water, meaning Fire and Water. This could also counter your Fog/Mist idea Darkfur. I don’t mean to kill your ideas, no: I like the idea of more animals. I just wanted to point out how steam and ice are created in nature.

My point precisely. The whole idea of an elemental animal RP in my mind was to see how characters use their powers for good and bad, and how they judge teamwork and rivalry equally. It's the different types of interaction that make it fun. Just putting that out there. ^^

And, going back on the fact that our characters could have the mental capacities of humans we could have some very interesting possibilities with multiple species: a band consisting of a horse, wolf and bird. Another of shark, skunk and bee. All getting along or hating each other’s guts regardless of specie, just based on personality and the animal’s element.

That could prove to be very interesting, and put some extra excitement into the adventure as well.

Thats interesting Silvie that the animal’s element can change by the power of one godlike character. May I also suggest (building off of Darkfur’s multicoloured animals) that all animals are white, gray or black solid base color with white, gray or black markings. Then, when the ‘elemental spirit’ changes the animals element the markings change to a color that reflects that element, while the base color of white, gray or black remains.

Similar to my idea above. ^.^

I also suggest eliminating the Time and Space elements from the list, only because outlining the complicated relationships between those two Elements and the others is very difficult as all other elements are controlled, created and directly altered by Time and Space. Metal eventually rusts over the years with Wind and Water, and Space is existence in itself. It’s really quite debatable, but I think it would be very difficult to “power down” Time and Space so that they are no less powerful then the other Elements. You could consider Time and Space to be the constants in the universe. Without them, the other Elements wouldn’t exist. In Greek Mythology there was Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Aether. Aether was basically Time and Space combined. We could name this ‘elemental spirit’ Aether and give him the power of Time and Space, so he can change the elements of our characters and give it a meaningful reason why he can.

I think that is a wonderful idea, very worthy of being implemented. It would definitely make things more fair, and make them make more sense.

Wow, long post is looooong! The Elements are a fun topic. I am currently starting on the relationships, I will PM them to you to see and edit as you please.

Yes, they are indeed fun. It's great to be working with you on this new RP. =)

I agree with Darkfur about having other animals that you can RP with, I think it would make it a lot more interesting and all if you can have another species; perhaps a feline, a giraffe, or just something as simple as a grasshopper^^ I also have a question. As this is not realistic, are unrealistic/unreal animals allowed such as dragons and centaurs, or past animals such as saber toothed tigers and woolly mammoths? Or perhaps a type of dinosaur such as a velociraptor?

I don't see why not, just as long as nothing goes too far and makes it unavoidably unfair.

If you got an element, would you be able to use all forms of that element? For example;

water -> Gas/stream -> Ice
Fire -> Lava -> Hardened rock (since it was made from lava after it hardened), etc. etc.

That's what we're working on right now, seeing as it's so confusing.

P.s. The only other thing i could think of was Seer, which really isn't an element. Maybe the element of dreams, where you are able to make someone's dreams happy, sad, scary, etc.? Or perhaps you can see into the future while you are sleeping? [although you don't know if you change something that you're going to do whether it will lead to what happens, or if the path you're already on will lead to what happens]

Really interesting idea, but it's rather undoable, as well as potentially unfair. ^_-

Perhaps the only way an Element Animal can be able to use thier current Element in another 'form' as you put it Addy is to 'team up' with an animal of another element. That way RP keeps a group/teamwork feel to it, and every element will be included. The combinations are endless really. For example, a lot of Water and a little Fire could create hot water. More Fire than Water could create steam, and only a little Fire would be totally Quenched by Water. A little Electricity could travel through Metal as a conductor, but if the Electric current passes through Earth the current will die. This is the kind of Element relationships I am working on and plan to share with you Silvie.

True. Seems very logical, and I can't wait to see what ingenious things you have worked out Wyborn. ^^

Also water freezes at temperatures below 0 it doesn't exactly need wind, it won't really help it freeze quicker [well it might but i doubt it]. We have tones of ice on our pavements etc and the days have been incredibly calm wind wise, the fact you have to use combination of other creatures elements I find a very inconvenient idea. As water and fire are opposites they might not like each other that much. I think that if we could just use ice etc at will it would be much easier, though if one were to use ice on a sunny day it could conflict with the environment and melt quickly. You wouldn't need to wait to see if the air elemental would agree. Though I think the needing of more than one to exceed your powers ability is a great idea, thus I think that would justify though I am in 2 minds on ice power though.

Well, that is really the point of an elemental RP. Elements interact with each other and come into contact, they transform and coalesce and create new things, new life. They uphold life, and without coming together the Elements would be nothing. Imagine having powers with no restriction; that is exactly what it would be like if there was no interaction. It forms new plotlines and puts the 'team' into 'teamwork'. =)

I suppose 'Wind' makes the Ice thing kind of confusing. I thought Wind also refers the the air, but then again: what determines the temprature of the air? We could assume the amount of Fire present, but that is rather complicated. So perhaps including Ice as another element would be worthwhile. I would be OK with it, after reading Darkfur's valid points^^.

Not really sure. It's rather complicated, but we'll figure it out if we keep working together. ^-^

Otanks :3
As concluded on our Iscribble Board which included - Koa, Dom, Addy [and silverhybrid but she ain't part of this pack sooo]
1- Well we all decided that space and time should be included, cause they are way to awesome to keep out of the RP. Though its really up to you guys as well that is what we thought. We also thought that snow and weather should be included.
2- We had like this epic maddness-fit thing. When we all started shouting in caps what we think we should do and came up with -
Koa having the snow element/ice element [cause liek Koa is the creator of the pack so it would only be fair if Koa got to has liek the element she wants -also cause she is ossum-.] Addy with weather [as she is awesome RPer and very mature ]. Dom with time [cause dom has an incredible character which would suit.] and I would have space [just cause Darkfur would suit it.]
I don't really mind if you say its unfair for us to choose, we just decided to put down what we thought would be good fun. There is still plenty of other awesome elements. This isn't the final decision cause we want to know your opinions about it as well :3 .

No, I would not say that. That's the whole point of creating your own character. But at the same time I don't like the idea of elements being made and/or reserved especially for a certain pack member, or much stronger than another, because it can become too personalized or unfair. I think completely fairness here because when you let the RPers do basically anything, basically anything can happen.

I think it would be much easier to RolePlay and get the Role Play itself off of the ground if we just made everything simpler; just allow an element (or maybe even not an element, such as dreams) and let people RP with it. We don't need any of this "the amount of wind in the air changes if the person with the element water can make ice" and all that. Just let people RP and let "nature take its course" as one might say. If we need restrictions in the future, I'm sure we'll be able to think of some, but right now I think it should just be sweet and simple.

True, but we also need to plan things out carefully or it might go wrong.

Also, what would be a good idea is to perhaps make atleast this roleplay past tense. I know I have, and I'm sure other people have, had a hard time roleplaying in roleplays because it is just to complicated to roleplay(which is a story that is played out with other people) with present tense. I, and through discussion Darkfur aswell, am use to story tense which is technically(usually) past tense.

That's quite alright. People have their own preferences and styles, and things can change, so I'll just let it be free here in the sense of tenses.

I am beginning to agree with the complicatedness of having greater/lesser consequences when dealing with two elements. I am fine with past tense as well, either don't bother me. Does that mean we are eliminating weak to/strong against altogether however?

I don't believe we should get rid of the different advantages and disadvantages between elements, but at the same time I don't think any element should be significantly stronger than the other, as I explained before. It can create problems.

But I do love the chart, and I would be very pleased to see your more detailed design. =)

But I will hold my final opinion until Silvie has had her say too. People are really enthusiastic about this whiole thing, which is great; but I am worried too free a plotline will make things become dull.

Thank you for waiting, Wyborn, I've been busy. I'm also happy that the other Free Spirits are happy about this, I'm glad I thought it up. ^^ And I have a little something for you if you can't think of a plotline.

Okay, here's the plotline I was thinking of. The more 'evil' and 'darker' elements are becoming ambitious and start to take over the land, and the other elements have no more room to work with. So they set out to try to put the darker elements in their place, shifting around with the elements around them. They must either find a way to work together or add to the clash, and tensions are rising as they become desperate to solve their problem, perhaps forming small groups or large clans as they strive to meet their goal. Can they push aside their differences for once and see how they can work together?

I think that would prove to be interesting. Wink Also, I was thinking that elements can change the power of their blow; for example, Fire can set tiny sparks to the ground or throw it into bursting flame. Perhaps younger characters have much weaker powers and they grow stronger over time?

Plus, I think we should start trying to determine the landscape as well.

...Phew! Finally.. That long rant is over...

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerberus Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Wow, that was long.

Well that sucks, I had my character planned out and everything since the mention of this roleplay to put him into this roleplay. >_> Great, now I have to make another character all over again(In which btw, he wouldn't overpower anyone. Even if he wanted to). So, it isn't impossible to downgrade those elements enough so that it would be fair, as I have done it months ago.

And if you do not believe me on that, I will even send you a basic biography of his character.

characters can have up to two main coat colors as well as one shading 'gradient' color, and can have certain markings representing their element all over their bodies, but they are dark. When they are using their power, their markings and eyes glow in the element's color very brightly. That brings me around to another possible idea; what if each element had its own unique symbol in addition to a color?
So, how does that work out? If markings, unrealistic or not, have to be specific. Then that rules out all the rest of my characters. Sorry if it sounds like I'm being hard, but I cannot make up characters off the bat it's extremely hard for me to do. Especially if there is a marking code.
Cerberus
Cerberus
Impressionist

Location : An error has occured, a group of highly tarined monkeys have been sent to observe the situation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Koa Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Adding a poll to the topic; there seems to be much concern over whether this RP is getting too complicated or not... (I think it is somewhat more complicated then it should be; can we just stick to realistic coat colors/markings? Unrealistically colored markings will glow and appear when the power is in use; somewhat of a compromise with the coat/fur color debates.)

Koa
Koa
Pack Creator/Founder
Pack Creator/Founder

https://freespiritspack.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvie Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks Koa.

I guess so, but I was just trying to be creative, and it isn't as if the RP isn't already unrealistic. Razz

Silvie

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfur Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:13 am

I was just suggesting the option for also having unrealistic markings as well as realistic markings which I think has gotten over-complicated. I think we should just leave it as that and not have any fancy glowing effects which only work at certain times.

But at the same time I don't like the idea of elements being made and/or reserved especially for a certain pack member,

You said there can be more than one as the same element.

Why don't we first find out what people would prefer for there characters element then work from there?
So you may request for any element even if its not on the list. Within reason. This is not a guaranteed position we just want basic numbers on who wants what.
Darkfur
Darkfur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Thats a good direction Darkfur. Before we move on I think we should decide and agree upon this question:

What is an element?
To me an Element refers to a physical property of nature. Something one can see, feel, touch or smell. Somthing that has a direct effect on another element or being. When I made that list found on the first post I tried to pick Elements that were equal in abilites, or power if you will.

Weather as an Element would be too powerful compared to any one of the listed Elements (sorry Addy Embarassed !) I assume Weather would be the ability to create rain (Water), storms (Wind, Water, Electricity) and blizzards (Ice). So, in my eyes 'Weather' is somthing all of the Elements contribute to in some way or another. And for those of you have in mind another Element of sorts that isn't really a part of nature or dosen't fit with the listed ones please bear in mind that you would be more powerful than other characters, since majority of the 'Elements' relate directy to nature. Mind Reading for example. How does that relate to the natural enviornment?

Oh, I also consider Mist/Fog to be Water. It's water vaopur, right? So, an aminal of the Water Element could create Mist/Fog.

And to Cerebus: I'm sorry, but you took a risk in designing/choosing a character before we all decided on what the charracter creation limitations would be. I don't see how we can change that at this time. However Silvie, I must admit that giving each element a symbol is a bit complicated since we would all have to agree on the symbols and colors of each element, then have everyone draw them on thier refrences.

I think everyone should draw random markings on thier character that (if we agree that a supernatural being such as Aether) can change a characters Element at any given time, that those markings change to glow in the Element they are currently affected by. I still like the idea of a white, gray or black body with white, gray or black markings. So, I basically agree with your idea Silvie, just not markingds that follow an element.

So, current things that need to be decided upon before this continues are:

- What will our Elements be?

- Will characters be able to choose thier own Element at the start of the RP or have thier Element granted to them by Aether, who can change what element a character is influenced by at any time?

- Markings (colors influenced by elements OR no changes)

As for plotline, I am holding on that because it depends majorly on the above questions.

I voted in that poll Koa, but I am changing my vote to undecided since we still have to fond some common ground here. It only seems compicated now (to me) because we need to agree on what the availible Elements are, if we get to choose what element we want to play as and if our element can change throuought the RP.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerberus Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:38 pm

The only issue here is, Time has been classified as a type of element in various situations. However, it does not afflict with nature; of course, it's still classified under the form of an element. Especially, since everything I've seen/read/ect. has classified it as such.
Just thought I'd add that tidbit in. I don't want to start an argument with anyone over the element; as it'd be labeled as being a bit childish.
Wyborn wrote:And to Cerebus: I'm sorry, but you took a risk in designing/choosing a character before we all decided on what the charracter creation limitations would be. I don't see how we can change that at this time.
Technically, I made it months ago before the RP was even mentioned. He wasn't made specifically for this roleplay, I never do that. :3 I just thought it would be interesting to roleplay with him, and at that time it was stated that his power WAS acceptable. So, I assumed I'd be able to use him, for once.

Also, what's Aether? Sorry, I'm lost on that. ^^"

Wyborn wrote:- Will characters be able to choose their own Element at the start of the RP or have their Element granted to them by Aether, who can change what element a character is influenced by at any time?
Now, I believe that people should be allowed to choose their own element at the start of roleplay. It'll be easier to in-corp their character into said element, instead of being given an element at random in which people may not be able to adapt into their character. As Elements tend to go with a character's personality type.
Cerberus
Cerberus
Impressionist

Back to top Go down

Post  Atropine Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:56 am

Wow, I have a lot to catch up on! I skimmed through each post, so sorry if I'm just being repetitive here. Here's my view on it so far -

I think we should refrain from over-complicating things; although it is nice to be really creative and have loads of ideas regarding the elements, it will probably get really discombobulating if we have water/wind/ice etc. as separate things. :P If we start dissecting each element into sub-categories it will probably become limited to what you can actually do in RP. I did at first agree to the idea of giving each person a random element, but now reconsidering I think it would be better for everyone to have the ability to choose one which fits to their character. If we try and be fair and allow everyone a chance to ask for right over an element, then I think it could be okay.

I also like the idea (can't remember who said it) of allowing us to choose an animal besides a wolf; we will have more diversity and things will be more exciting, plus we'll be able to have a wider array of personalities and strengths/weaknesses. I'm not sure whether we should get too technical with the markings idea, and in addition that could restrict our freedom with making our character 'unique'. :3
Atropine
Atropine
Impressionist

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:48 pm

So Atro, if you could choose an element which would you choose? Just using you as an example because I still don't understand what you guys mean when you say 'let us choose one that fits our character's personalities.' IF we were to use the elements in the table, what wrong with those ones? With ten elements availible thats a lot of choice in my mind.

I think we should be allowed to have fun markings on our creatures, but they shouldn't relate to the element of the animal since it's element could change at any time. I say that because, remember on the first post Silvie mentioned the possibility of a spirit being able to change an animal's element any any time. I like that idea. SO basically, I think markings should be optional as well as having the option to glow a certain color. That's a fun thing, isn't it?

I am getting the jist that most of you want tot choose your own element, none from the ten/twelve I suggested. BUT WHAT IS AN ELEMENT? I want to know what you guys think are some elements you would pick, because Silvie will want to look over them first to see that they are not too powerful in comparison to other elements.

Back to top Go down

Post  Addyote Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:13 pm

Okay I'm not even sure which element I would choose, but for the sake of moving this along I'll say what i see as my ideas for the elements;

Anyone can choose an element from the list that we decide. If one is not on the list but you can think of one that'd you like, they must be elements from nature. (but what about time then???) It isn't limited to only one element per person; multiple people can have the same element if they wish.

Someone can create a character themselves, they can have unique markings, eye colors, etc. They do not need to meet certain specifics and do not need to be wolves.

The people would be separated into different groups with the others having different elements than they. We will have some kind of plot that would include a certain evil person (possibly with a relation to someone else?) My plot idea would be that one guy was trying to harness all the powers for one common goal, so he kidnapped certain powers and blah blah blah (kind of like the movie Wolverine).

Okay, on the element piece of it with stuff overlapping. I say that the people should be able to use any form of their element at any time. For example, the person with the element of water can also make ice, sleet, or snow. They could also change it to a gas (although i dunno what use that would be). And then they can change it to fog and change visibility, etc. etc. Fire would be able to change stuff to lava, regular forest fires, smoke, etc. They would NOT be able to change things into rocks, as that's Earth's job. I'll make a list for this then

Water = Water, fog, sleet, rain (aka some forms of weather), snow, tsunamis (possibly hurricanes?).

Fire = Fire, forest fires, lava, smoke, make volcanos erupt (possibly when angry) etc.

Earth = Can move rocks, create rocks, destroy obstacles with rocks, create earthquakes

Wind = can create wind storms (if there's sand, dust storms), tornados, move trees and make trees fall, move water with wind, create difficult paths for enemies and all that.

Electricity = Can create electricity, lightning, electrocute people, make thunder, (radio waves to hypnotize or create opponent vulnerable???)

Light = Can create light, move light, make things dark, blind opponents temporarily, clear areas that have low visibility.

Metal = Can create metal, change metal around to will, create metal barriers, create bridges out of metal. (maybe can only take metal out of surrounding environment???)

Dark = Make things dark (obv.), create low vulnerability, change people's moods to dark feelings???

Time = slow down time, (see into the future of time or what will come???)

Space = manipulate asteroids, solar flares, sun position, moon position, earth position, etc.

At least that's my interpretation of it.

Addyote
Addyote
Sketcher
Sketcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerberus Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:53 pm

I agree for the ideas of what element(yes, all of them are elements. Looked up the definition on Dictionary.com too, and they do fit the description... (oh and it mentions space(moreso astronomy) a LOT btw).

I think that Dark should also allow the user to create illusions, nothing TO intense just minor things. Or, melt into Shadows similar to how Vaporeon in Pokemon can melt into water.

As for the "Too powerful!" thing, I believe instead of looking at the element alone (yes, I'm looking at making things fair in roleplay and this would work out quite well). We could have someone, preferably someone from the Committee, Silvie or Koa look over a basic application of the user's character; depending on the type of element they desire to use. This is because, it's not just a powers level that affects roleplay but the character's personality affects how they use the power.
Cerberus
Cerberus
Impressionist

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkfur Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:12 am

I completely agree with Cerberus's and Addyote's posts. I think the ideas would work well - including the whole looking over the application - I also like the sum up of the abilities which would be a very good list to reference from if you forgot your limitations (:
I think the whole thing about time being able to see the future sounds good.
Darkfur
Darkfur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down